I hunted Moose in Newfoundland in 2021 and 2022 and two trips don't make me an expert but here is my two cents worth.

I feel like moose numbers are pretty good and the country is pretty open as compared to most of eastern Canada. Its easy to see moose and success rates are high, but not guaranteed.

My last outfitter had nice fly in camps with a generator and wifi (the wifi was quite a surprise) and our cook was maybe closer to a chef than cook. The guides worked hard and knew the ground and moose well. It was a good experience in general and I will go back.

However I did feel that the quality of the moose wasn't that great. The outfitter takes in 5 or 6 hunters a week between two camps for a season that s something like 4 or 5 weeks long. Thats a lot of bull moose out of the two camps. Our camp had maybe two hundred pictures of moose taken pinned up on the walls dating back to the early 2000's Looking through them, its clear they were on average taking considerably bigger moose 15 years ago than they do today. When I crossed on the Ferry each time I walked up and down the rows of trucks waiting and chatted with the hunters and checked out the racks and I think that my impression that the moose aren't that big is generally true. yes there were a few good sized moose but they were really not very common

I have hunted Ontario twice, New Brunswick three times and Maine once and all but one of our Ontario/NB/Maine moose would have been in the top 20% of what I saw on the ferry.

To summarize I would say its a nice experience, a fun hunt, you don't have to fight or draw for a tag, but if your looking for once in the lifetime hunt and your looking for 45"+ bull.. its not where I would go.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge