In terms of my budget, I guess from what I've seen out there, the low side would be $8K for a week. The high side seems to be $12ish thousand. I'm not sure why that if you cross the border to Alaska, the price doubles. I guess I'm somewhat lesser concerned about price than I am picking the right outfitter and having a great experience. Put it this way--I'd much rather spend $12K and have a great hunt, then spend $8K and be disappointed.

And @noKnees- Thanks much for your thorough review of Newfoundland. That seemed to echo the sentiments I have heard about Newfoundland. Will you see moose? Certainly. If you're doing it one time in your life and want a once in a lifetime bull--probably not the place.

The one thing I have seen on some sites is that some outfitters would encourage you to buy a bear and/or elk license, and if the opportunity came, take one of those too. That seemed kind of intriguing but I also wasn't sure the likelihood of seeing those animals either, and I might just be donating money to the Canadian government...