bobdahunter;
Top of the morning to you once more sir, I hope all is going more than less your way so far this weekend on April 01st.

That is a grand buck, congratulations!

Just for reference, where I grew up in Saskatchewan, we'd see bucks that size occasionally, but usually at night trucking grain or running fuel to a combine. They were pretty nocturnal.

Here in our part of BC, there are some whitetail that size, but I could count on both hands the number I've personally laid eyes on in the past 40 years.

Just another instance of things just being what they are, right?

My African experience is from '75 in Kenya so truly a lifetime ago, but I hope you'll have the same sense of awe and wonder that I still vividly recall when you go there. It's so very different from anything I've ever experienced in my wandering all over the 4 western provinces, the north western states and up into the Yukon as well. Africa is just different and I mean that in the best way possible.

Lastly as far as guided hunts are concerned, as you noted it's dependent upon local regulation largely anymore.

Here in BC even if immediate family from outside the province wants to hunt here, I'd need to get what's more or less a temporary guide permit, take responsibility for them and then they're also subject to non-resident license fees too.

I want to say I could go back and hunt the farm in Saskatchewan without a guide, but still need to pay non-resident fees and perhaps a different season? Not sure on that all, sorry.

Anyways sir, all the best luck on the African hunt, it's doubtless going to be memorable.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"