I’m not sure the locals over there get nearly as wrapped around the axle about their ammo as we Americans do. I’ve seen more than one box of 308 ammo that had a few types of ammo mixed in. Even saw one guy (a PH) who had military style FMJ ammo mixed in. I asked him what it was for and he just said he shot whatever ammo he ended up with 😳. I asked if he hunted with it…. Still kind of in disbelief, and he just nodded yes!

Also talked to a different PH who strongly disliked partitions but spoke highly of plain Jane sierras. I know these guys see far more animals shot every season than I will see in many years, but it did leave me a bit boggled by it all.

Was also in a camp where a Russian gentleman showed up to kill a buffalo, naturally curios I asked one of the PH’s what rifle/ ammo combo the guy brought along. The PH said he didn’t know! Again I was a bit perplexed. I did see a box of that clients ammo and wish I could remember what the load was but I do remember thinking it wasn’t what i personally would have picked. That guy ended up loosing his buffalo. My PH asked me if I’d like to go kill it if we could find it but we never got the chance.

About the only thing that is a constant that I can tell is that if a client shows up with a 308 or 30-06 and a Barnes bullet or A frame the guides are all happy!

The PH I talked to that didn’t like partitions said they ruined too much meat…but I bet they only knew that from all the recovered game!