[quote=Riflehunter]There are some game in Africa that you either can't or it's inappropriate to not use a magnum.

So true. There's several Exotic Game Ranches in Texas where they tell you what you can use on game such as Nilgai ( min 300WM/180) Cape Eland ( 338WM) Wildebeast, Oryx, etc. They don't "have" to let you hunt there and they can pretty much demand what they want. One place me and a friend was "gifted" a whitetail hunt down near Freer,Tx. They were trying to get some exotics "started" on the ranch; fallow deer, Axis, Roosevelt elk to name a few. Anyhow, when you signed in you had to swear to an Affidavit type agreement that "if you shot any" of those Exotics, you paid $10,000. This 1984 dollars! Needless to say, people left them alone, ha. You sat in a tower blind on a Sendero, big lanes cut through that nasty Spanish Dagger, cactus and Super Thorns, ha. Ooh, I would never attempt to walk in that stuff. They had Chicanos running the place ( I love Chicanos, got along great with them in the Army.) They were raised there, so "any of them" could crawl into that stuff and recover any game that fled there, ha. And they didn't get their shirt torn off either!