Yep!

Eileen wanted one on her first safari, but didn't get a shot--which is part of the reason she went with me to RSA a few years later. She shot hers at the top of what some PHs call "the sergeant's stripes," essentially the same deal you read about. But he's was standing on a slope above her, the PH and the tracked, and it came trotting downhill right toward her PH.

She shot it again, and it dropped a few yards from them. Her PH told her that was "quite unnecessary," because he'd already noticed the stallion's front hooves were crossing over each other as it stumbled downhill.... The hide is behind me on the wall as I type this, with a neat hole through the top of the sergeant's stripes.

They taste good too--which often surprises people, even Africans! Another interesting story took place during a big cull hunt on an RSA ranch I did the year before. The meat was mostly going to a butchering plant in Kimberley, which then distributed it to local supermarkets and restaurants.

But zebra meat wasn't selling very well until the supermarket owner realized that even many native, urban Africans mostly eat various kinds of antelope when they eat game, such as springbok (which is outstanding). So he relabeled the zebra meat "zeebok," and it started selling--and then sold even better as word got around about how good it was!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck