Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by pete53
i have been trying to get the 180 gr. Nosler Partitions to shoot better groups and groups are always 1 1/2 inch 3 shot groups at 100yds so i said screw it after i tried the 165 gr. Nosler Partitions 3 shot groups at 100 yards are always under an inch sometimes less than 3/4 inch using 4350 IMR with 55 grains, good enough for me . and now for a sling probably just think a 1 inch leather sling may be better than my wider slings , wider slings seem clumsy when laying rifle down on standing gun v- pods . any thoughts on type of sling to use and would be greatly appreciated, i know very little on how these things go with guides in Africa ? thank you ,Pete53
A leather sling looks the part in Africa, but it doesn't make a scrap of difference. Perhaps try the 180 Accubonds which may give you better accuracy. I wouldn't ask your guide too many obvious questions otherwise they will tend to treat you as inexperienced, in which case you may not participate much in the hunt, your role being simply to squeeze the trigger when they say so.

Has that been your experience?

Conduct is the best proof of character.