Originally Posted by TRexF16
From your original post:
"so you guys that have hunted over in Africa for plains game animals am i wrong to use a very accurate 30-06 Tikka S.S. Laminated stock , 3lb. trigger that i have glass bedded and shoots 5 shots under an inch at 100 yds. very easy ? thank you,Pete53"

From your most recent post:
"when i spend $15,000.00 for a trip i don`t need a rifle problem that far away . if your interested i have a real nice Tikka Laminated stock,S.S. that has been glass bedded with a mounted picatinny base for sale 30-06 , been 10 cartridges shot thru this rifle."

Kind of wondering
1) how you got your rifle sighted in correctly, and determined that it will shoot five shots under an inch at 100 yards very easy, with the expenditure of only 10 cartridges.
2) why you would have even considered taking a rifle with only 10 shots through it to Africa.
3) how you could switch from the Tikka to a Rem 700, with all the horror stories on the internet about Rem 700 bolt handles falling off and extractor/ejector failures (which are probably no more realistic than the Tikka bolt cracking stories). Google Remington 700 failures and see. BTW, I'd have no concerns with either rifle.

But whichever of the two you choose will work fine. I'm sure you will ensure your PH has a backup rifle available if you have a failure with whatever you decide to take.
Best of luck on the trip.
Rex

i have my own rifle range with bench rest equipment used on a cement bench ,been a precision handloader bench rest shooter 40 some years , FTR i shoot in the Master division . with over 45 years of wisdom will let you know how a rifle shoots. this Remington 700 - 7mag i am taking has a lot of accurizing work done to this rifle probably shot it 30 times or more its a good shooter. do i like Remington rifles some but i won`t take by favorite rifles out of the lower 48.when i read these stories on Tikkas problems i decided i won`t use that rifle its for sale. > groups under an inch are very easy to do if you have some ability to reload and know how to handle a rifle off a good bench on many rifles. my other thing is if that hunting rifle shoots 1inch or less i feel i am done messing with that rifle to hunt with ,recoil is no fun anymore . i have some very good target rifles like my 22 BR, 6 BR`s ,257 and 6.5 Creedmoors these are much more fun to shoot all day long with no recoil , sometimes I shoot 2`s and 3`s with different loads and bullets that is much more fun.

Last edited by pete53; 08/13/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman