Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've told this before, but my uncle Oscar took two rifles to Africa in the 60s on his two safaris. both model 70s, one in 458 for elephant and buffalo and everything else he killed, including two lion was with a 270 and good ol' Winchester Silvertips... Go figure huh?

The 50’s and 60’s seems like it would have been a fun period to hunt Africa. In “the olden days” when everything was in black and white, as our children used to say, there weren’t the plethora of bullet styles, shapes and other hairs to split so a good rifleman was quite likely intimate with his rifle and knew how to shoot. I know that the old timers I used to watch with deep admiration and respect weren’t interested in having a dozen deer hunting rifles since they could only use 1 at a time. At least that’s what I can hear in my mind….a gravelly voice dripping with cigarette smoke and wisdom and me, a little kid soaking up every word of every story.

That’s my long winded way of saying…..you gotta dance with the one you brought…😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~