In a report in a gun magazine, I read last night, that the new Alaska Model of the Ruger Hawkeye shot groups that averaged 1.8 inch groups with the 270 grain bullets and THREE INCHES with the 300 grain bullets - using their OWN AMMUNITION!!!

Am I alone, in thinking - this is just awful?

Why, in a world where cheap rifles such as Tikka's, Weatherby Vanguards, Savages, Brownings, Mossbergs, Howas etc. are tested, and show they are capable of regularly breaking the MOA standard - should this be considered "Acceptable"?

Having paid almost $1400 for a Remington Ti that only shot 2 1/2 groups from the factory - and being told by Remington they wouldn't do anything about it - I've got a real problem with companies releasing modern bolt action rifles that are that poorly constructed! You feel totally "ripped off"!

Why are some companies still producing such crap?

Personally, I think EVERY rifle should have a return policy - that is - if they don't already guarantee the accuracy of what they sell. If, say, after a week or so, you can't get a rifle to shoot like most bargain priced Savages or Tikkas do - you should be able to return it for a full refund.

If we, as consumers, insisted on it - I think we'd get it.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."