Actually, in spite of the written word here & elsewhere, I think most factory rifles, including Remingtons, need a bit of work to shoot consistently
under 1"-1 1/2". Some never will.........many factory barrels have been straightened and whenever that occurs, ultra-fine accuracy from a gun with such a barrel is just happenstance and your good luck if you get such a rifle.

A little action bedding work, straighten the barrel channel side contact, fix the barrel bedding point, float the barrel or whatever else floats your boat is almost always in order & bebeficial.

I also don't think that the vast majority of everyday "shooters" could should an inch consistently regardless of the capabilities of the gun.

MM

I've bought about 20 used Remingtons and 7-8 new ones in the last 2-3 years and haven't had a one of them (except two Titaniums mentioned below) that wouldn't shoot under an inch with my handloads.

I don't know what kind of rifles you're using but maybe you should change or try something else different.

I've stayed away from the thin barreled rifles lately except for two Titaniums in 308 and neither of them would hold under 3"-4" and I sold them both with warnings to the buyers that I'd had serious accuracy trouble with them. Neither buyer got them to shoot either and both sold them.

One of the Remington reps at the last Shot Show told me they'd discontinued the Titanium "non-magnums" due to accuracy complaints.

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....