Originally Posted by SeaRunRainbow
As far as the Remington issue with the "non-magnum" Titanium rifles. Well... It was a bit shameful that Remington didn't address the problem better but at least they DID discontinue the thin whippy barreled Ti rifles and went to the "magnum contour" on ALL of them and provided fluting to somewhat mitigate the increased weight in the Alaskan Ti models.

$bob$

You are joking, correct? Haven't seen a Ti not shoot and can't see how adding close to a pound and $500 to the Ti made it a better rifle. I'm sure the Ti doesn't interest those that sit on their butts all day in a shooting blind, stand, what have you.

Haven't had a Ruger that wouldn't shoot either, but I've always been lucky that way.

I seem to remember a benchrest smith checked Brian's Ti and it had a bulge in the barrel, even when he reported this to Remington they wouldn't do anything. I am in the camp that these companies should be able to make a product that is good but not necessarily great out of the box. Some companies do and other don't. I don't feel I should have to bed and get a trigger job on a new gun just to make it shoot better than 1.5 inch groups so I don't. Most of my rifles are Sako's which require none of the above.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.