Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Let me tell you my secret,I pray about it and ask the Good Lord to help me pick a good shooter. The priniciple is found in the New Testament where James in his brief epistle tells people to pray for wisdom in the choices they make. It seems to work in other area of life besides rifles too.

I applaud your boldness in sharing this inspiration.

Originally Posted by LDHunter
I think Ruger needs to get more serious about accuracy in their rifles.

Ruger has recently taken a very important step toward improving the accuracy of their rifles. Ruger now makes their own rifle barrels on new cold hammer-forging equipment. I have found from experience that the new Ruger barrels shoot very well indeed for production-grade sporters. It is still true that every barrel is slightly different, and every barrel has it's limitations. But I have had no trouble at all working through those limitations and finding accurate combinations with several new Rugers, and none have flunked-out altogether. If a new Ruger bolt-action rifle exhibits an accuracy "problem", almost invariably it involves the forend/barrel interface - which, incidentally, is about the easiest problem to fix if done correctly. Ruger #1s are a different breed of cat altogether. I have had success improving the accuracy of various #1s, but on other occasions I have been reduced to uttering 4-letter expletives. Happily, my latest #1, an A in 7x57, has proven wonderfully accurate right out of the box, for which I am eternally grateful (and relieved).

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.