Originally Posted by BCBrian
Bricktop,

I consider Del a friend. He IS the designated Remington repair center around here. He is a dealer as well.

The problems are two-fold. One (as has been stated by MANY on this post) is that Remington doesn't regard 2 1/2 groups as being "faulty".

Are the others that have told about that response from Remington lying? Can you tell me at what point Remington IS willing to act? Perhaps they will act on 3, 4, 5, or is it 6 inch groups? Is that Remington what will "guarantee" - without an actual written guarantee?

The problem with my Ti was this. Nothing, but nothing - could be done to "REPAIR" this gun - short of giving it a new barrel - one without an internal swell in it.

If one is lucky, and an AMERICAN, and living in the U.S.A. - a few people who have bought Remington's in the U.S.A. have actually had Remington install a new barrel on a defective rifle.

BUT (and it's a big but - for Canadians) Remington WILL NOT take a gun back across the border - once it has been sent into Canada. They used to (the Al Forsland I mentioned) once had Remington re-barrel a defective one he bought - he was lucky enough to have met the guy who was running their custom shop - and he got the red-carpet treatment - once upon a time. But (perhaps since 9/11) that has all changed. Canadian guns don't go back to the USA.

And since there is not a Remington dealer in Canada who can FIX a defective barrel - we get what we get - and we are stuck with it. The only way Remington will allow a new barrel to be put on one of their guns - is if THEY do it. And they don't take guns BACK - from CANADA.

If it was something Del could have fixed he would have. He'd like to keep my business and I've bought enough guns from the man. I don't fault him for anything on this matter - he spent a lot of time on the phone, on my behalf, talking to Remington.

I have no reason to lie about this. Are the others who stated that Remington had accuracy problems with many of the Ti's lying too? Is there a reason they were discontinued - as they were built before?

I still have the rifle and would be glad to show it to you, or anyone else. Right now, in spite of it's fouling problem, it's one of my favorites. I love the way it handles, and I love it's lack of weight.

I only wish I had recieved better treatment from Remington.

As I said before - why deal with companies like that? When you can buy relatively inexpensive Weatherbys, Tikkas and Sakos - which GUARANTEE the accuracy of what they produce?

Even for Canadians.

If you can find a way for me to send my rifle back to Remington for a repair - please tell me who to call - and I'll announce to the world (or at least everyone on this forum) that I was wrong - and you were right.
Oh, I believe everything you have to tell. It's on the internet isn't it? Therefore it's got to be true. whistle

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.