I've only owned three Ruger centerfire rifles. The first was a 70s vintage Mini-14. Heard a lot about how inaccurate they were. After sighting, it was plenty accurate enough to keep a 2 pound coffee can rolling at 200 yards. Then, I bought a Ruger 77 in .30-06 despite their reputation for accuracy problems. I never reloaded for it and every box of factory ammo I shot out of it would produce 3 shot 1 inch to 1.5 inch groups from the roof of my car in the quarry (didn't have a range back then.) Then, I became enamored with the Ruger #1 in .30-06 even though rumors were that it needed a lot of tweeking to make it shoot good. Imagine my surprise when it shot inch and a half groups all day long...or until my ammo ran out. I then had that rifle converted to .45-70 with an octagon barrel and low and behold, it shot really well too.

I don't have any of those rifles anymore. But, I didn't get rid of them because they wouldn't shoot. I have rifles that will shoot sub-moa and some that won't.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain