I guess my MAIN POINT went unnoticed. I did't write that post just to knock Ruger (which is why I mentioned my Remington) - my main point is that many "cheap" rifles are capable of great accuracy out of the box, and I'm wondering - why they all can't achieve this?

In addition, I don't think buying rifles should be a crap shoot.

You should know how well it will shoot - ALL makes should either carry a guarantee, or a set of shot targets with load info showing what that rifle can do - OR a policy that will let you return rifles that don't measure up to what most people expect out of a modern firearm.

Rather than the present "Take a chance - and if it can't shoot - sell it off to some other sucker" mentality that seems to be the expected norm, with some companies now.

My Remington Ti is my most expensive rifle. It had, without a doubt, the worst accuracy (out of the box) of any rifle I've ever bought. Combine that with Remington's "You pays your money and you take your chances." attitude when I complained about it was enough - and is enough - to make me vow I'll never buy another, unless I know it can shoot first. This attitude, by some companies, is, to me, unforgivable.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."