Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I will never hunt with an ELD X again. Once was enough to never trust the 175gr .284

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...e-a-175-eld-x-on-game-again#Post19014238

It's a strange thing. I use either Hornady Spire Points, sorry inter locks, or Speer Hot Cores. Never recovered a bullet to take a photo of other than some I shot into newspaper at 100 yds. Near as I can tell my junk cup and core bullet's merely kill things when properly placed. Somehow I have this feeling that pretty much any bullet properly placed will just kill things. Bear in mind the present #2 grizzly in the world was killed with a single shot rim fire rifle and a 22 long!

One more surprise, doesn't seem to matter the dia or even weight of the bullet used, place it right and the animal is dead! Last time I used a 243 on deer I was out hunting coyote's and had only 75gr V-Max ammo with me. Have found that at 200yds shooting into a paper target taped to 2" foam backer the bullet's explode. At about 150 yds on a nice buck the bullet went into the chest, tore it up inside and the buck fell down right there! Probably should have shot it in the neck! never found the bullet or an exit!