Originally Posted by prairie_goat
So you have avoided real world shots because of bc differences, or due to bullet construction differences? If so, I'd be interested in reading about the circumstances.
Two examples where I avoided a shot: A monster blacktail in thick cover that saw me first and the only opportunity for a shot was a Texas heart shot before he disappeared. Didn't take the shot which I otherwise may have, if I had Barnes TSX loaded. Never saw him again. Another instance was on an overseas hunt high in the mountains of NZ after chamois. Avoided a 410 yard shot because of wind. Decided to stalk around the back of the mountain for a close shot. He was gone when I got to within 150 yards...never to be seen again. There are other instances as well such as an 850 yard shot that I had to empty the magazine before he was completely dead - the Bergers were accurate and had good terminal performance, but their bc wasn't very high and were getting blown around, together with shooter error. I don't shoot over 600 yards now (except for a 605 yard shot).