Originally Posted by sbhooper
The ELD-x bullets have always had a hit-and-miss reputation for reliability. I have read and seen a bit of both, although I have never tried them. The ones that I tested were very accurate. I think that they were developed with long shots in mind and consequently do not do as well up close.

I have, however, shot quite a few deer from close, to out past 400 yards with the 147 ELD-M, from a Creedmoor. It has performed well at all distances. It seems strange that a target bullet does better than their hunting bullet, but it does. There is obviously a design difference, but maybe the key is long-for-caliber demensions.

In my opinion, the old SST was garbage. I had them come apart on small white-tailed does, shot from a moderate-velocity .308. Never again would I use that bullet.

The old A-max, performed much as the ELD-M does now. It seemed to be reliable on deer and elk-from what I have seen and read, but I never used them.

My experience is that the standard Interlock beats the new, fancy bullets hands down for hunting at all reasonable ranges. I realize that they do not have the pretty little tips, but that is irrelevant anyway. That bullet from nearly any cartridge has never let me down and are as accurate as I can shoot. The 129 in the Creed and .260 perform great.

I will not use a mono in a moderate-velocity cartridge, as it is just not necessary and they are expensive.

if the cost of something like a TTSX or hammer etc... is too much then there are other issues at hand. We can blame it on many things but cost is not one of those.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....