Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
I miss the Hornady Interbond.

I shot the 150gr out of a 300 WSM @ 3,300 fps and it was the hammer of thor from 10yds to 300yds always had full penetration with a quarter to golf ball size exit.

At one time I had 15 straight kills and none of them took a step. I also shot these in a 30-06 and did recover a couple and they were a perfect mushrooms with about 1/2-3/4" diameter and weight retention was usually around 75%.

The interbonds hit incredibly hard. I ran the 165g through a 300 wsm at 3100 for a few years in the early 2000s. I was impressed with how they killed. I recovered one from a large bodied mule deer buck and it had a nice mushroom of twice diameter and still weight around 140g iirc. I actually found some 7mm 154g interbonds on clearance recently and bought about 700. They may not have the best bc for a tipped boat tail but if one of my rifles likes them I'll hunt with them.

I used the 180 eldm from a 7 prc at 2850mv to take my cow elk on Halloween day at 470 yards. It worked but I only recovered some small bullet fragments. It dug deeper than a 150 eldx from my 18" fieldcraft 7-08 did on a cow a few years back.

Bb
I take it, no exit with that 180, Bb? What was penetration like?