Here is a picture showing the 425 designer Edward E. Redfield and his family. The picture dates between July 1907 when his mother died and 1909 when his father died. Brother John H. moved to Denver and started the Western Sight Company in 1909, about 1920 the name was changed to Redfield Sight Company. I would really like to find a Western tang sight for the 425 but I haven't ever seen any Western sights. The father was a farmer and a gunsmith and one of the brothers was also a gunsmith.

[Linked Image]

The only two designs of Edward E. Redfield that I know went into production were the Stevens 425 High Power and the Stevens Visable loader. He held patents for several other designs that never went into full production and may never have been made. I have a copy of an old newspaper article referring to an actual fire arm in his possession being demonstrated that from the description seems to be from this patent LEVER ACTION

I have another of his designs from this patent PUMP 22. This gun has no stamping anywhere on it, not even a caliber on the barrel or even a single number on any part. The butt plate is the same as used on the Stevens Gallery 90 and says Stevens which is the only marking on the gun. This gun uses several other Gallery 80 parts and the patent dated from 1910 which is toward the end of Gallery 80 production. It's interesting to see who designed the Stevens Gallery 80 GALLERY 80
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by GeneB; 12/24/08.

Gene