Originally Posted by vintageautomobilia

You may be right about the production figures, but I'm curious which production figure do you favor: 26,000 - 11,000 - 5000 - or 1,000?

Also, if the 425 series High Power rifle had its own exclusive serial numbers then wouldn't it have been a fairly easy task for Savage to separate them from another gun?

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't have any axe to grind, I'm just trying to solve the mystery, and I really appreciate your great input.

Peter

As for the production figure I favor: When buying 26,000 - When selling 1,000 (or less) whistle grin. Really though Don and I had discussed this a while back and had come up with 8,000 or 9,000 maximum so 5,000 looks reasonable looking at the serial numbers now documented.

And you have a good point about the serial numbers and bring able to get a separate production number - but looking at it that way then with combined serial numbers they should have been able to get a better combined production figure than an approximate 11,000.

An old saying - "The more you learn the less you know". With the lack of records we will only have opinions and the more data that is gathered the better the opinions will be.

Gene