I have been looking for more 30-30 Remington items to go with my rifle and have found them harder to find than the guns, I did get another box to go with my Peters a while ago, it's supposed to be full of the original empties but It came shrink wrapped and I do not want to open it until I can do something with them (that's why it looks short).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Another thing harder to find than the guns is catalogs with them in. It's taken quite a while but I finally filled in some of the gaps - but i have had trouble putting accurate dates to them. The earliest catalog I have with the 425 is dated 1911, it has the higher grades listed, the next is the same number but is from 1912 (or later) - it still has the higher grades but my copy has the scope for the 425 stamped as discontinued, No 54 does not list any of the higher grade versions - I do not have any date info on it, also knowing Stevens there could be several different variations with the same number. An undated pocket catalog mentions "for higher grades see rifle catalog No 11", rifle catlog No 11 has all the higher grades, also the 425 is the first gun listed - evidently they still had high hopes for it at this time. The rifle catalog still lists all the pistols???? - Stevens catalogs still have me confused. I also have a No 55 catalog, 425 not listed, it has a price list from Dec 1, 1920. There is no mention of Stevens being owned by Savage but my copy has had the export office address marked out and another stamped above it - it's the same as for Savage.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by GeneB; 01/14/11. Reason: added picture

Gene