Yea, I feed the deer corn. Above the house here I have a feeder thats going year round, but I don't hunt around it. Its for the deer,turkeys, squirrels, doves and any other wildlife that comes around. In 2007 there was not an acorn crop and animals were in bad shape so I started feeding above my house and have not stopped. Where we lease our hunting land is about 235 miles form my house. We do put corn feeders up there near 3 stands. I have to say in 2007 due to the non existant crop of acorns, I felt like we practically fed the whole deer herd there. In 2007 I fed over 2500 pounds of corn. In 2008 there was a bumper crop of acorns and I think maybe I fed 800 pounds at the deer lease property. Man I was glad because that stuff is high. I have to tell you I don't shoot every deer that comes near the feeders. I have noticed in the past that the small deer will come in and eat and alot of times the older does will stay off at a distance. If I just happen to shoot one of those does then so be it. I know there is a discussion on whether feeding deer is right. One reason people feed deer and plant food plots is to attract deer and to keep them around on their property. Also this helps get them through a tough winter, avoiding a painful death of starvation. The discussion about feeding deer (baiting if thats what you call it) will rage on until the end of time.

NEVER GIVE UP