Originally Posted by Bruzer
Originally Posted by kix
This is a touchy subject but I must chime in. Here in deep S.Texas I use feeders because of one main reason. Not bashing anyone, but try to comprehend. We can't go 'pussyfooting' from one tree (or woodlot) to the next looking for game. Just try stalking thru thousands of acres of dense, thorn and cactus infested brush and you'll understand. Set up on a 'trail' and wait for Mr.Horns? Forget it. Why? Well, there are thousands of trails-is it a wild hog trail,a javelina trail or simply a cow trail. Sure, you can look for tracks but one deer print doesn't make it a deer highway;in fact, hogs seem to cover every square inch of land so they obliterate everything. Sure, I would like a food plot but a John Deere tractor is just not in my budget. Kix

As I said. Baiting makes it easier to kill deer.....Regardless of how it's rationalized.....We end up at the same place.

BTW: Before I had access to a tractor I put in food plots with a hand tiller and lawn spreader. I also walked around carrying bags of 10-10-10 and fertilized green briar,honeysuckle,Oaks and Muscadine Vines....It works. Granted it's much harder than going out and pouring a pile of Corn and setting up to "Hunt"..... but baiting is not legal here......?Thank goodness.

Robert

Not legal maybe, but that is EXACTLY what your doing legally. You can paint it however you want. But you are doing NOTHING different and something that is TEN times better "bait" than any corn feeder.

I've hunted both types of "bait" many times my whole life, I'll take a oat, wheat, bean, or "deer magic food plot" over a corn feeder ANY DAY!!!!!! MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more likely to take a mature deer over a food plot any day.

Bill