Originally Posted by Bruzer
Originally Posted by tx270
Bruzer, I plant food plots (about 40 acres total) and I use corn feeders, so what does that make me a hunter or a shooter? Often times I don't hunt on either but hunt draws and passage areas, so what does that make me?

Bill

Bill,

If someone is hunting around a Corn feeder then they are a baiter in my opinion. In Georgia the definition is a limit of 200 yards and out of sight. In Alabama it is defined as bait anywhere on the property.

You know how you hunt....I don't. I'll leave that determination up to you. I'm not trying to judge anyone who is taking game legally....My issue is with the terminology.

I have just been issued a Hog Permit for one of my farms. This permit allows me to bait the Hogs,Hunt at night, From a vehicle and use a 12 volt light. The farmer needs Hogs removed so that his peanuts and Corn have a chance to survive. I will not claim to have hunted these Hogs......I am strictly population control. I will eat the meat but you won't see one going on my wall....The bait just makes it too easy....In my opinion.

Of course the "Bow Only" hunters will say rifles make it too easy and then the "Traditional Archery" hunters will say that "Machine Bows" make it too easy....and so on and so on.

To each their own....Whatever makes everyone happy as long as it's legal. Just don't shoot an animal over a pile of Corn and call it a trophy.....I don't get that.

Robert

Bruzer, If you're gonna try to come across as an expert on baiting, maybe you should know the law. Alabama law does not say anything about bait "on the property". We have one tract that's 3200 acres. You're saying one feeder would shut down 3200 acres. That's insane. I can promise you are wrong on that statement. A good friend of mine is a conservation officer in one of the counties I hunt. He told me face to face, eye to eye, that as long as the feeder was out of sight, the state had no problem with it. I've bow hunted this year 300 yards from where another member of our lease was hunting on a feeder (he, by the way, got a ticket). Feeders are not illegal. Hunting directly over a feeder is.