baiting is legal in my state. i own 2 farms and live on one of them. one of the crops grown on both farms is soybeans. the whitetail eat acres of beans every year as the plants are growing, so i do what i can to curb the population. i hunt primarily with a longbow, and have several stands here on this farm. i use beans that i raised as it is legal bait, and kill 7-10 does every year (sometimes more) just in an attempt to ease the deer pressure on the spring bean crop. at one time the state gave me 25 doe tags per year, but i couldn't even give away that many deer. i can understand some people not agreeing with baiting, but in my area the deer will destroy your crop without some form of population control, and a bait pile 15 yards from a stand does and excellent job of getting them within easy bow range. my state game folks came out to the farm and said "yep, you have a deer problem. let us give you 50 control tags and you can shoot them throughout the year, but you have to leave them where they fall." i didn't agree with waisting good meat, so i bait and kill them during the season and give many away.