Originally Posted by tx270
Bruzer,

I'm not talking about oak trees when they are dropping acorns, etc. that is natural to the area. I agree with you there.

Yes some agriculture plots are "native" to certain areas. I grew up on a ranch and still ranch/run cattle as a side job so I know just a little bit about this........

In your other post you mentioned hand tilling before you had access to tractor. So that means that where you were planting your plot there was not "natively" one there, right.

You really have no arguement for this part, if it was a regulary tilled and worked agriculture plot that the deer were accustomed to than you would not have had to be tilling it by hand or with a tractor you had access too, right? So you were BAITING, nothing more. Granted you are providing some extra nutrition and that is a great thing IMHO, corn provides only carbs that helps keep them warm in the winter time, and thats about it. But if you planted it solely for nutrition for the deer and not to bait them then you would not have a stand anywhere in the general vicinity.

Yes corn feeders go off in daylight hours, but I can't even begin to recall pics of bucks at corn feeders in the middle of the night that have NEVER been seen there in the daylight hours.People that do not live in areas that feeders are legal can't seem to somehow grasp this, but its a fact.

Bottom line is you are baiting my friend, yes it is a more nutritional bait, but it is still BAIT!!!!!!!!! And much more affective than any corn feeder for drawing in mature deer. Given the choice to hunt near a oat, wheat, or "deer plot" field or a corn feeder and I'll pick hands down the field every time! As I said before I've hunted both a bunch, something you have not.

You can paint this however you want if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy at night. But if you still say I'm totally wrong and your totally right then you are a hypocrit. Sorry if thast seems harsh but didn't know how eelsee to word it.

Bill

Bill,

IF what you say in your above post is true. It would then be logical to assume that using Corn is a bad decision....Right?

IF as you state.......

1) Food Plots are more of a draw than Corn.
2) Food Plots are more beneficial than Corn.
3) Food Plots are Cheaper than Corn. (On a yearly basis of course)
4) Food Plots are also Baiting.

Why do you hunt over Corn? Seems to me that you would take the necessary steps to plant as many food plots as possible as hunting over Corn just doesn't make any sense on any level.

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"