Tonk. I remember you had brits... But jeesh.. learn how to take a joke.

I agree with everything you said in your above post, be we have shot over pups less then 12 months old. With my current pup we started shooting over her when she was 7 months old. But we worked her up to it VERY slowly. At 8 months she had no problem with gunfire at all. What pisses me off is when some guy takes a new pup out and blasts a 12 guage over their heads the first time the dog ever points something in the field. That is a very good way to ruin a pup. I woulnd't shoot over a shy timid dog before 12 months though. Every dog is different and you need to take dogs by a case by case bases. HEll, I probably could of shot over my current pup at 4 months old if she had a bird on point. She wouldn't have cared. Ive never seen a dog that is so crazy about birds in my life. Shes going to S. Dakota this summer for camp. We shall see if she turns out to be AA material. She already runs big, is very smart, and seems to have a great nose so I don't think that will be an issue. She will be a good AA dog. Time will tell if she will be a great AA dog. The breeder has tried to buy her back every time I talk to him and every time we take her into the field to run dogs. 3 of the other pups in the litter will be in S. Dakota as well. And my brother has 2 of the pups in WA he will be trialing. 6 of the 7 pups will be running Derby stakes this fall and winter. It will be fun to see how many of the pups from this litter make AA dogs. Hell. Maybe one of them will even make it to Boneville AR and sit on the podium. It wouldn't be the first time the trainer are using put a dog atop the podium there. And so far, it seems he is pretty impressed with the pups.

Last edited by jetjockey; 05/01/09.