My personal 2007 Namibian PG experience was a perfect thumbnail of your whole season assessment. I took a .375 H&H with a a 270-gr TSX at a mild 2650 fps, stopping at this mild loading because it shot little clover-leafs regularly and a I also took an '06 with the 168-gr TSX which also shot very well.

I never got to the '06 as the 375 was so much fun and so deadly: seven PG that that went down where they stood. A big mare zebra at about 120 yds. stopped the one pictured here on a broadside that broke both upper legs and destroyed the lungs enroute to the offside.

[Linked Image]

The next picture is one stopped by a waterbuck, again at about 100 yds., that hit a finger-sized twig about 20 yds. in front of the animal. It obviously turned as the entrance wound was an oblong one and this is what I found bulging the hide on the offside. It also wrecked everything in between and I don't think the waterbuck even had time to blink again. Proof again, though, that no bullet is unaffected by brush.

[Linked Image]

The other bigger animals like gemsbok and kudu were all pass-throughs as of course were the smaller ones. All shots were broadside or approximately so at from about 60 yds (warthog) to about 225 (the kudu).

Then in Jan of '08 I took a bigger bull elk in CO at 427 yds with a .338 210 TSX. Wrecked elk and another pass-through. The TSX finally made this rifle - a .340 Wby - break the MOA barrier consistently which for about 15 years previously it did only irregularly.

Last edited by goodnews; 06/19/09.