JJ,

At the risk of hijacking your thread, I am going to post two results of two TSXes I heard about today. Both shots were at the same elk.

The first shot was the 100 grain TSX from a .25-06 AI. Cliff chronoed thema at 3,600! They lazered the elk at 562 yards. Cliff said the fellow got a little excited and didn't wait 'til it turned completly broadside. He hit it quarting toward him. The 100 grain TSX entered about two or three ribs from the paunch. It exited the off side ham. He said this is the first one he has shot that did not drop at the shot. It ran toward them for about fifty yards.

The second shot was a 120 grain 7mm TSX chronoed at 3,800 from a 28" barreled RUM. When the elk stopped Cliff fired. The TSX entered the near shoulded. It traveled through the lungs and exited. He has not any, including this one, take a step after hit by one of his 120 grain TSXes. The shot was 510 yards.

Cliff has two friends who shoot twenty-five calibers at elk. Of the 14 shot with them, this is the first that did not drop whre it was hit. That's why I ordered a .257 Roy. Can't help myself. blush

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter