It always amazes me that no matter how many folks say positive things about brand "X" (no pun intended) you always get a few folks saying the opposite. So what I do is look for "trends" and of course the validity of the individual posting the comment. I have limited experience with TSXs except to tell you they are the most consistently accurate bullets I've ever used. I like Swift A Frames, especially on the "other side of the pond" as one of you said. I love my Hornadys and I use them a lot on this side as well as Partitions. I won't use them again on anything faster than 2700 fps however. Again purely empirical, but the picture below shows a 180gr Hornady RECOVERED from an impala shot at 80 yards. It weighed 78-80gr out of a 300 Weatherby. The others shown are from a 375 H&H recovered from Zebra, Eland & wildebeest at ranges from 200-65 yards. Partitions always kill well for me, but I've seen enough blow ups not to use them on "money hunts". Do the TSXs fail? I'm sure they do. I've even seen a few posts of A Frames failing (but very few).

I'll go with JJ's recommendations and for my leopard hunt I have a whole batch o 210 TSX @2930 fps out of my 338. [Linked Image]

Last edited by jorgeI; 06/23/09.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”