All the failures that I have seen personally with the various Barnes are much the same as posted by Brad which leads me to believe the problem is in the initial impact and the pinching shut of the hollow point...This makes me wonder if the new Barnes bullet with the plastic wedge, whatever its called, will be the answer to the pinching of the hollow point shut and will do what its designed to do and open the bullet up on impact and it just might be the answer to any problems that The X bullet has ever had?

I have noticed over the years that the Barnes bullets open up perfect on Cape Buffalo and I have never seen a failure. the few failures I have seen have always been on plainsgame, deer and elk..I told this to Barnes one time and he didn't seem to interested. It has always seemed to me when a Barnes bullet works it is the best, but when it fails it fails miserably..

I also have to say that I have many friends that are very experienced shooters and hunters and they swear by Barnes bullets.

Guess that's what makes a horse race.....:)