Bob, when I saw the tell-tale lump on the off-side of the waterbuck I did what comes naturally to a loony, got out my knife and dug it out. Noting its side-ways, deformed condition, I found the odd entrance wound and began to backtrack toward my original position finally finding the freshly transected limb about 20 yds. from where the waterbuck lie. It was the diameter of my little finger. What was surprising to me was though it tumbled it maintained straight line and hit where I had aimed. Though a test group of two is hardly evidence upon which to make presumptions but a similar experience happened to me when I jumped a young bull elk at about the same distance - very close - in broken timber and tall grass. The rear of the rib cage, as near as I can remember, right where I aimed, showed an oblong entrance hole. Again, backtracking I found a similar finger-sized limb freshly sheared but the 225-gr Nos Part .338 had maintained a straight line to the animal which by the time I got off the shot was another thirty yards out. What these two incidences tell other than it happened these two times is the question but it did make me wonder does a tumbling bullet of good weight and construction tend to maintain its course?

As to your desiring to hunt buff, I believe I'd be comfortable with JJ's view that the 375 with that bullet, the 270-gr TSX, loaded to 2700 + fps or so is fully enough for m'bogo when placed correctly. In order to simplify my life I've basically gone to the TSX (am trying the TTSX in the .284) in my big game rifles with Hornady Interlocks as practice and I'm not disparaging the Hornadys.