I have followed this and many other Barnes bullets threads...

Although sometimes the calibre is not given, sometimes you can come pretty close to figuring that out from the picture if there is one.

It seems to me that all of the bullets which failed to open are small calibre. I cannot think of one larger than .338 which failed... (although perhaps some of the pictures were of a large calibre with nothing for scale, so some may have been mis-identified).

It is also perhaps not co-incidental that reports on big stuff like buff have been so uniformly good: one does not generally shoot buff with small bores.

Wish I had been collecting the data over the past years so I could analyze it!

Still, JJ has a pretty big database on .30 cal Barnes bullets and a pile of dead critters and that is hard to argue with!

Of course one has to expect a few failures with any bullet (and yes, even the Nosler Partition sometimes fails -- before I moved and lost it, I had one from a whitetail that evidently tumbled, shed both cores and lost much of the gilding metal). But, just like those pictures of the failed Barnes bullets, it was recovered from a dead critter. wink

John