I've no dog in the fight here. Folks should use what they like and what they feel comfortable with. I don't make one penny from Barnes or any other Manufacturer today. However,... I hate to have young guys or those with minimal experience read some of this and assume that if a bullet is tested in water under unknown conditions by an unknown individual without any control over the consistancy of the results, .....and then compare that to the same bullets used with stellar results on many hundreds of real big game animals using my equipment with me and many of the visitors here that have hunted with me as eye witnesses to the results that some how the two examples are equal. Or that they somehow share the same preformace credibility.

I agree that shooting bullets into something other then game has some entertainment value and may reflect some of the performance possibilities of that bullet. However actual use in the field under actual hunting conditions on real animals at various distances and angles with game from Jackal and steenbok to Buffalo, eland, Giraffe, and rhino would seem to trump any results using water.

However this is just my opinion, and since it comes from real world first hand experience I gotta go with that for now.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)