No way you can get what you need for an ultimate gun off the shelf, excepting when you pay outrageous prices.

IMHO if you want one, do a lot of research, come up with what it is, and then get a top line smith to build it. You'll spend the same or less as the top line guns and have something as good or better and tailored to you specifically.

My take on it, a mid weight 20 inch tube, flat top( can use optics or irons if done correctly) free floated. A float tube with a small rail on it just because, but ready to take a sling and bipod. Standard 223. Twisted either 8 or 7 or in between. A good trigger, mine would be Geisselle but thats a personal thing, a tuned RRA is just fine, but you have to like 2 stage and I do. Let the smith pick the parts, good parts are not diamonds, and don't have to cost as such, but need to be checked out.

A few why's answered... 20 inches, gets you quite a bit of speed, going to 24 doesn't gain all that much. ITs quieter than a 16, yet not that much longer. Twisted to shoot heavy bullets as I'm always carrying 68 and up generally... and can shoot heavy TSX too. Mid weight barrel so its not so heavy. Standard stock because I like them. 2 stage trigger because I'm used to it, haveing shot them since the 80s, and it is the only safe way to get to a 1.5 pound glass trigger in a semi....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....