We probably all sound like our thoughts are the only right ones....

Had I to run combat only my choices would be slightly different.

But for home defense they won't vary much. While I have not had an in home encounter, thank God, I have ducked out the door more than once with both a 16 inch and a 26 inch AR for coyotes, and moving through the house and our NARROW halls and sharp corners the 26 isn't much of a hassle. Now if you expected someone to grab the muzzle as you came around a corner could be different, IE combat is different. Home defense you will only generlaly encounter some stupid idiot wiht no training or plans.

Thats where specific to more or less combat is often said, but generally not meant. Unless you are LEO or Military(and if so we thank you for your service whomever is reading this) and do a lot of specific training most folks won't train much for home stuff, but will do a LOT more plinking/varminting....

As to respnosible for pistol or shotgun rounds, yep, for all of them. Its why I prefer that I never have to fire a handgun as a civilian at another.... and why I prefer a shotgun, because I don't carry stuff that will penetrate far in the house, preferring that my first hadnful of rounds is birdshot, which is fine if needed up close but doesn't go far. Even in the street...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....