Thanks CY....

I'm 52 in a couple of months and I've just recently had to revert to reading glasses so I will probably go with the red dot or a illuminated mil dot reticle on a fixed power scope.Just a preference as I can see perfectly out past 14 inches but have real difficulty looking through a peep type aperture.

I really appreciate this thread gents and the time you've taken to educate me. As of now, I'm leaning towards the RRA or Noveske platform in 16 inch and I am going to ask my client's friend to let me knock off a few rounds on his 20 inch upper to get a better understanding of TCI's well thought out comments. I have little solid foundation for my preferences other than aesthetics and availabilty of my client's friend's existing inventory. In other words, little rational thought other than looks and availability with the deal I'm getting.

I've learned much....thank you. The optics comments are much more well received here than on it's actual forum....grin

Last edited by isaac; 07/25/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward