JJ,
Both Phil and I were testing at very close range. Mine was at 25 and a few at 100 yards and thats where I would use the 220 noslers..Not sure what range Phil tested at..I was only looking for a dark timber elk load, as shots are right under your nose going South.

If I were wanting an all around load, then I would opt for the 180 Nosler partition or perhaps the Accubond, in the 06 at 2700 FPS, a Swift or any other one of the super premiums with a bonded core or a partition would suit me also..

I am really sold on North Fork bullets and I have always been a big time Woodleigh fan..I have used the Swift bullets a good deal and they always work as pictured in the advertisements..I will say that sometimes I get the idea that the Swift bullets are too perfect in that they ball up in this very smooth ball with a hump in the stem and are too smooth to suit me and as a result of that smoothness they don't do as much tissue destruction as say the Woodleigh, Barnes X, or the Nosler that have those ragged buzz saw expanded wings..Have you noticed this?

What I have found is that the Swift works great on big stuff, particularly buffalo, but sometimes not so good on the smaller stuff in that it runs a good ways and doesn't leave a good blood trail..I noticed this in my 7x57, but mostly with my .338 Win. but I have never lost an animal that I shot with them. It has only happened on a couple of ocassions but thats always bothersome.

I discussed this at Dallas with the Swift rep and he said that is the exact reason they came out with the Sirocco, and perhaps I need to try that Sirocco bullet. I intend to do that at some point.

Just some personal observations on my part for whatever its worth...