I agree the A frame is an excellent bullet for big heavy animals and I have seen it used many times and used it myself on ocassion. For lighter stuff I don't care for it much and would opt for the Sirocco.

There are a lot of good bullets out there today and you can't pick one brand or weight for all calibers, some brands/weights etc. work well in one caliber and can be less satisfactory in another. Too many folks have it in their head that if brand X bullet works well in one caliber then its best in all calibers, that would be nice, but it ain't so...

The Swift is not my first choice for buffalo in the 375 or 416. In the .375 would opt for the GS Customs 230 gr. HP...I also like the 270 gr. Northfork SP, 350 gr. Woodleighs are absolutly outstanding IMO, 300 gr. Noslers work well indeed. In the .416 Rem or Ruger I would opt for the wonderful Northfork Cup Point, or a GS Customs HP and again I like the very heavy 450 gr. Woodleigh..The new Nosler 400 gr. bullet was marvelous on my last buffalo hunt and it punched big holes in one side and out the other on buffalo, so far I am very impressed with the 400 gr. Nosler in the .416 Rem..

The Barnes X bullets work better on Buffalo than they do on lighter game IMO..

You have a lot of good options out there and your choice of the 450 gr. Swift A FRame in the .458 is interesting and I bet it works well indeed..I know the 500 gr. Swift works very well on buffalo..

I am sure my opine is argueable, otherwise we wouldn't have so many choices, lets keep it that way...