I have killed Cape Buffalo with the 06 and the 180 gr. Noslers and solids of unknown heritage..I have seen a couple of elephant killed with shoulder shots and head shots, one with milsurp ammo..

I would never attempt to fault the 30-06 and as those who know me know, it is probably my favorite caliber or at least among my favorite calibers..Anyone that has used it to any extent will love it..

I have yet to stop a charge with a 30-06 and don't really want to be there because the 3.5 charges I have faced with cape buffalo I had big 40 calibers and my thoughts at the time were "why don't I use a bigger caliber like maybe 500 Nitro Express or a Bazooka" Charging cape buffalo and I'm sure big bear are an awesome sight to behold, and they get more awesome as they get closer, A buffs eyes are big as ornages and red and bloodshot when he wants to kill you..Jeeez he is awesome! But its a rush, no doubt about it, and those that tell me they don't want any part of it, and they are many, must not be true hunters IMO..I wouldn't instigate a charge from any animal but when it happens, there is just nothing like it in this world...Guess that's why some guys bungie jump, now thats some scary stuff...:)

Maybe it's a sickness, I dont't know, but its my sickness....:)