JB:
I just priced the Nosler AccuBond in .308 and they are quite a bit less expensive than TSX bullets. I'll have to consider them for the next trip! I agree that they are probably equals in the real world of practical purpose. Right now I'll load my .300 RUM to .300 WinMag levels with the TSX - it seems to like them. And...I already have a few boxes of them!

BobInNH:
I had not seen the Bitterroot Bonded Core brand before (I've lead a sheltered life down here in "South New York City") so I studied a bit on line -found a good article at http://www.dakotaarms.com/DakotaMag/DMsummer05/page46-48.pdf about these bullets. I think they confirm the Barnes philosophy a bit - velocity increases possible with premium bullets are a good thing! I didn't price them, but after this excursion I will check them out!

Great data on the RW and ED - I did notice all the examples had some heat coming out - 3000+ fps in each of them - and 2900 from the 375-- isn't that on the "fast for caliber" end of the spectrum?

I'm not a Weatherby kool-aid kid yet, but I do like the speed over the weight in general. I guess the "heavy for caliber" camp would disagree, who knows, maybe they'll convert me! And I haven't a clue about DG, so don't flame me for that - I believe that is a different discussion!

Steve

Steve

Vagabond
NRA Benefactor Member

"I spent most of my money on guns and hunting and shooting...the rest I just wasted!"