Muledeer,
Feel free to use clyde!

Like you, I believe that total repeatability is impossible to accomplish so the bullet companies come as close as possible and they do a great job for the most part. Our bullets today are so much better than the bullets I had to use early on in my life..Those old bullets usually failed to one degree or another, but they almost always killed the animal thank goodness, but an ocassional hard tracking job insued.

I love the Nosler partition bullet, it has worked for me exceptionally well..I can say the same about North Fork, Woodleighs and GS Customs and the old Remington round nose corelokt that usually won't shoot very good groups, but always performs on animals.

Every Swift I have recovered looked just like those pictured in one of the above posts, picture perfect, in fact they are TOO perfect, they are as smooth as a babys butt, they don't have that ragged flesh tearing arms tht you find with Woodleighs and Noslers and on ocassions they fail to leave a very good blood trail and don't kill quickly has been my experience, but I have never lost an animal because of this, just had to deal with the frusteration. The Swifts have been outstanding on big stuff like buffalo??

I reckon that's what makes a horse race, we pick our favorites and bet on them, otherwise all bullets, guns, dogs, horses, cars,clothes and females would looke alike! smile

Last edited by atkinson; 12/09/09.