I can't base my opinion on anything like the number of African game animals that some of the posters who've already responded.

So I'll stick to the experience I have only. That is:
1) 8 PG animals (impala, blesbock, kudu, waterbuck, gemsbuck, hartebeest, blue wildebeest, and eland) with the NP 180 PPT from a 300WSM at MV ~2980. All exited at ranges from 100-150 yds., except the eland at 200 yds. That bullet broke the on shoulder and was recovered below the far side hide, fully expanded at about 60% weight retention.
2) 7 PG animals (springbok, blesbock, impala, hartebeest, black wildebeest, gemsbok, and zebra) with the Barnes 140 grain TSX from a 270WSM at a MV ~3150. All were passthroughs at ranges from 80-260 yds.
3) 2 African animals with a Swift AF - a 400 grain 0.423" bullet at MV ~2325 fps. One was Cape buffalo shot frontally in the chest x2 at 65 yds. Both bullets penetrated into the intestines, neither recovered. The other was a reedbuck at about 50-60 yds. with explosive expansion in the right rear ham, exiting after breaking off the right shoulder.

So my conclusion is that these are all effective bullets in the velocity ranges reported, on a very varied size range of African game animals. Matching the bullet and velocity to the game is important, but as usual, good bullet placement seems the most important variable in determining efficacy IMO.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now