I tend to agree about lighter/faster with TSX's to a certain extent, and the 168 is pretty deadly from a .300 magnum in my experience. The higher velocity tends to create more damage inside.

But I also think that we have SO many good bullets these days that it's hard to make a big case, most of the time, for one over another. This is a result of having used just about all them some myself (and some of them a LOT), and also seeing a lot of animals killed with them. Was on a PG hunt a couple of years ago that was also a large-scale culling deal, along with a number of other hunters that I often accompanied. Was in RSA a month and got to see many animals taken.

The two primary bullets used were TSX and AccuBond, as I recall with 11 rifles shooting one and 11 shooting the other. There wasn't more than a scattered representation of other bullets, I'd guess because of the publicity the TSX and AB have gotten in recent years.

All I really noticed was that if the animal was hit well then it died! Both bullets worked very well, on animals from springbok to eland, with lots of the mid-sized PG taken: gemsbok, wildebeest (both kinds), kudu, waterbuck, zebra, etc. The guy who had the most 1-shot kills used 225 AB's in a .338. He had something like 12 1-shot kills in a row, before he tried to get fancy with a couple of head-shots (for skins) toward the end, and ended up with a couple of misses. But before that was deadly--mostly because he shot really well. But the TSX's also did fine, one guy shooting them really well out of a .270 WSM on a wide variety of animals.

We are lucky to have so many fine bullets available these days, and except for certain specialized purposes we could just as easily just pick one and go hunting. If we place it right the animal will be dead!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck