I would have never told Mark!....Grin!

I knew it was going to be a long day with this guy after the first stalk...we bellied to within 200 yards of a really nice 15" buck....I slid my day pack out in front of him and instructed him to use it for a rest. He shoved it out of the way and whispered "I dont need it". I looked over at him as he raised up on one knee to shoot....with his left elbow just hanging free. I can remember thinking, well maybe this guy is some sort of ringer..the first shot hit about 5 feet low and as the buck spooked and took off he fired two more quick running shots at it and hit way behind it. He was shooting a BAR .300WM with a 3-9 Leupold. We made another good sneak on the same buck and that was a repeat performance of the first go...I suggested we go back to camp and check the rifle again on paper. I also checked the mounts and ring screws and all was tight. I set a target at 50 yards and he shot a 3 shot group that was about 5". He told me that was the as good as it ever shot and was more than good enough for all of the elk hunting he had done back home in heavy timber...he was a really good guy but didnt have a concept of hunting critters out in the open...the funniest shot was on a buck he shot at about 250 yards. The bullet hit an honest 25 yards low and only a couple feet low on the ricochet!! I offered to him the use of my Sako .220 swift but he said he didnt want to take a chance of wounding an antelope with my gopher gun!!

I'm not making this up...it really happened!!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]