AussieGunWriter

My experiences have been quite different than yours.A 270 Win has been in our family since I was born.I don't ever remember a year in my youth our freezer was not filled with Elk from it.There was never a year hunting that an '06 was not in camp as well as other calibers and to this day,I have never seen any of them put down Elk quicker/better than the 270 with the right bullet and shot.

Of course that was before the net.It was only last year I bought my first '06 and with two 270's in the safe,it is truly hard for me to pick up the '06 for the tough hunting we have now compared to what it once was.

Kinda like a guy using a Husky chainsaw to fall tree's and just got his first Stihl and your a mile in with one saw..I'm sure,and it does,the Stihl would work great as alot used them,but I was a Husky user from head to toe and new them and what they would do where the Stihl suffered from weight and RPM's...The Stihl is a tank and almost bullet proof but the Husky is a Porche,quick and nimble, if you treat it right.

Treat the 270 right and feed it good fodder and it will never let you down in the lower 48, as the Husky chainsaw.The '06,like the Stihl,just does everything but nothing great,in my opinion.

My choice for a Deer/Elk hunt and one rifle at any range,would be the 270 Win over the '06 based on only what I have seen over many years of seeing them both used on the same game in the same steep country.

Just another opinion.

Jayco