I am not going to read all of this, but simply put, I believe the response is best left to bias.

In the 70's I hunted a lot with a .270 and a .257 Weatherby. On medium deer sized game, I felt the .257 was a faster killer which simply means a higher % of DRT. The.270 was very good with Speer 110gn flat bases and at that time, the Hornady 110gn HP was the darling of that weight. My favored bullets in the .257 were the 87gn Hornady, 100gn Nosler Solid Base and the 115gn Parition. To the .270, add the 130gn Hornady.

At that time I got into the magnums quite severely. Through the 80's had a wonderful .300 Winchester which I sold when offered too much money for it.

The .30/06 and me read like a Boddington Story, in that I touched on it in the early 70's and never went back seriouly until about 20 years ago when I got a slew of .30/06 rifles to review over a period that permitted me to do a not of range work and culling using this, the .270, and a lot of others.

My bias lead me to the .30/06 which I used as an excuse to buy another Wincehster Featherweight. To this day one of my most accurate rifles and also one of my most successful rifles looking back on the game taken. It has about 3,000 rounds through it now and an aweful not of blood on its hands.

I don't think I could go back to the .270 as I have also used the 7x57 going back to my first Featherweight in about 1981. That cartridge has performed beyond any sales pitch that could be offered.

I simply would not take a .270 out to play when I have a 7mm Mauser and a .30/06. That is no slur on the cartridge, just a bias on my part.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.