Oddly enough (or not...grin) but I've seen more 30 cal bullets inside dead elk than .270 bullets inside. Fact is over the last 30 some years I can recall finding exactly two .270 bullets and both of those were in bruins. Of all the deceased elk I've been around taken with the .270 (and there's been a lot of them) I/we've never had a .270 slug no exit and make another hole.

Can't say that for the 30's, fact is friend Brad consistently finds 30 cal bullets in his dead elk. And yeah I get the fact that it's been dead elky's.

Point being, by my way of thinking and by my experience I'd not concur that I've observed better blood trails with the 06 over the .270. But, that's just been my experience and we know that may well vary from people to people.

Of all the elk I've taken and seen taken with the big 7's I can recall only finding one slug and that was from my bull from last year. (150 TSX that lost it's petals). Take that back, my bud and I found a slug in a small bull he'd taken with his STW, the bullet hit the bull (from top angle) thru the spine, then thru a front and just under the off skin, the bullet was a 175 Horn.

Take it for what it's worth and toss another log on the Fire please.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy